As an Assistant Catering Manager, you will work alongside our Catering Manager to organise and lead the kitchen team in providing breakfast, lunch and dinner for our guests and staff. With school groups, youth groups, families and religious groups visiting Condover Hall, you must be confident in organising different meal options and catering for varying dietary requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Hands-on food preparation and cooking of guest and staff meals with consideration to different dietary requirements
- Work with the Catering Manager to oversee the ordering and control of food stocks within a set budget. This includes stock takes and managing invoices
- Monitor the quality of meals and presentation in the restaurant area
- Monitor the cleanliness and healthy and safety standards in the kitchen – You will be accountable for COSHH, food safety audits, environmental policies and a duty of care to guests and colleagues
- Work with the Catering Manager to plan and manage rotas, holidays and sickness
- Train new starters and develop existing staff to ensure they are motivated and working efficiently
- Liaise with teachers to ensure specific dietary requirements are fully understood and communicated to the kitchen team
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience and passion for Catering, ideally on a larger scale with high covers
- Previous management/ team leader experience
- Good knowledge of health and safety/ hygiene laws and standards
- A team player who is happy to lead but is also happy to get stuck in with the physical duties of the kitchen
- An engaging communicator who is confident to work with colleagues, suppliers, teachers, senior management etc.
The extra bits…
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- You must be able to make your own way to Condover Hall as accommodation is not provided as standard
- Permanent, full-time position
- Exact salary to be confirmed at interview based on experience, circa £23,000
- The role will involve working occasional weekends
- The earliest shift is approximately 6/ 7am and the latest is 7/ 8pm. No Christmas work!
- Full training will be provided including: Health and safety and safeguarding
- Role progression opportunities
- Further seasonal opportunities in the UK and abroad with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Assistant Catering Manager to join our catering operation at Condover Hall Activity Centre. You will be working for JCA, one of the leading UK companies for school and family activity holidays. JCA’s flagship activity centre is Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Condover Hall boasts over 40 different activities to choose from and can host over 500 guests at one time – a super exciting and unique place to work!