Catering Manager - 2019Travelbound France
Join us this season at our amazing Chateau Du Molay. We specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word! You will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills and the chance to make memories which will last a lifetime!
The low down…
As a Catering Manger you will be responsible for the general day to day operation of our kitchen, school groups are our biggest clientele, so you will need to be comfortable with preparing simple, yet wholesome meals on a large scale. We can have anywhere up to 200+ covers during our busy periods. You will have the chance to get your creative juices flowing by creating more sophisticated menus for our adult, group leaders.
You’ll be responsible for general kitchen compliance, keeping stock levels steady, and making sure your team are motivated and engaged!
What are we looking for?
- Confident heading up a team and running a kitchen
- Proven experience of independent stock control and ordering
- An excellent understanding of the Health and Safety regulations (Food & Hygiene, HACCP, COSHH)
- Experience in preparing meals to cater for all dietary requirements
- Able to work in line with the Chateau Manager to establish budgets and hit KPI targets
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck – from basic food prep to an end of service clean
- A desire and the necessary knowledge to develop more junior members of your team
What’s in it for you?
- Organised (& paid for) travel to and from resort
- Free onsite accommodation and meals (3 meals a day, 7 days a week!)
- We are proud to say we are one of the leading Tour Operators in the UK. We offer one of the most competitive pay and packages in this industry!
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end.
Not forgetting the formal bits…
Experience working in a role similar to this is essential. You must have experience dealing with high covers and a good understanding of what it takes to run a kitchen. We’re looking for individuals who are confident in their leadership style and strive for results.