Catering Manager - Travelbound 2022Travelbound France
Join us this season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word! You will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills, make memories which will last a lifetime and even practice your ‘Bonjour’ and ‘Au Revoir’ if you’d like to!
The low down…
As a Catering Manger you will be responsible for the general day to day operation of our kitchen. UK and French school groups are our biggest clientele, so you will need to be comfortable with preparing simple, yet wholesome meals on a large scale. We can have anywhere up to 200+ covers during our busy periods. You will have the chance to get your creative juices flowing by creating more sophisticated menus for our adult, group leaders.
You’ll be responsible for general kitchen compliance, keeping stock levels steady, and making sure your team are motivated and engaged! This is a hands-on role and you should be happy to still get on your chef’s hat when needed and get stuck in to help cook delicious meals for both our guests and staff.
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What are we looking for?
- Proven Head Chef/ Catering Manager experience
- Confident heading up a team and running a kitchen
- Proven experience of independent stock control and ordering
- Previous experience in a similar setting or in the travel industry is a bonus!
- An excellent understanding of the Health and Safety regulations (Food & Hygiene, HACCP, COSHH)
- Experience in preparing meals to cater for all dietary requirements
- Able to work in line with the Chateau Manager to establish budgets and hit KPI targets
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck – from basic food prep to an end of service clean
- A desire and the necessary knowledge to develop more junior members of your team
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive seasonal salary
- Free meals (3 meals a day, 7 days a week!)
- On-site accommodation
- Role specific training once in France
- Role progression and the chance to return for future seasons
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, Travelopia, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end.
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-February 2022 to July 2022
- Applicants must be in possession of a valid EU passport or documentation for eligibility to work in France e.g. Carte de sejour
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, Travelbound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly