Handyperson - Travelbound 2022Travelbound France
Join us this season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word! You will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills, make memories which will last a lifetime and even practice your ‘Bonjour’ and ‘Au Revoir’ if you’d like to!
The low down…
We’re looking for a Handyperson who can turn their hand to the general upkeep of our Chateau building and grounds as well as any basic maintenance issues that arise. At the Chateau no two days are the same – one day you might be tasked with making and repairing bunk beds, the next you could be refreshing the paintwork in the restaurant.
As well as the upkeep of the interior of the Chateau, there is also the surrounding grounds as well. We have an A class rugby pitch, tennis courts and a swimming pool – all of which require regular upkeep and inspection. In addition to these duties you’ll need to be able to drive. Our maintenance team will often be responsible for collecting deliveries from the local town and the collection of new staff from the ferry port.
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What are we looking for?
- Previous handyperson experience, trades background or estates management experience is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and take pride in their work
- Resourceful to get the job done (the Chateau is based in a rural part of France!)
- Prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, sometimes in different departments within the Chateau
- Hard working, yet efficient
- Full, clean driving licence
- Your own basic toolkit that you can bring along to the Chateau
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive seasonal salary
- Free meals (3 meals a day, 7 days a week!)
- On-site accommodation
- Role specific training once in France
- Role progression and the chance to return for future seasons
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, Travelopia, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end.
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-February 2022 to July 2022
- Applicants must be in possession of a valid EU passport or documentation for eligibility to work in France e.g. Carte de sejour
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, Travelbound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly