Chateau Chef - Travelbound 2022Travelbound France
Join us this season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word! You will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills, make memories which will last a lifetime and even practice your ‘Bonjour’ and ‘Au Revoir’ if you’d like to!
The low down…
As a Chateau Chef, you will follow direction from the Catering Manager but also be confident in running the kitchen independently from time-to-time. Our kitchen provides high cover food based on a set menu so your key focus in the kitchen will be to ensure that all prep work is completed in time for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You’ll also work to the highest health, safety, and cleanliness standards, cook meals for both our guests and staff and work with a consideration to different dietary requirements. You’ll also play a key role in pot wash and the cleaning of the kitchen and from when needed, support with ordering stock and managing deliveries.
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience working in a commercial, kitchen environment
- Ideally you will have worked as a Commis Chef or Chef de Partie
- Previous chef experience in an overseas kitchen or hotel based environment is a bonus!
- An excellent understanding of the Health and Safety regulations (Food & Hygiene, HACCP, COSHH)
- Experience in preparing meals to cater for all dietary requirements
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in – from basic food prep to an end of service clean
- A desire and the necessary knowledge to develop more junior members of the team
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive seasonal salary
- Free meals (3 meals a day, 7 days a week!)
- On-site accommodation
- Role specific training once in France
- Role progression and the chance to return for future seasons
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, Travelopia, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end.
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-February 2022 to July 2022
- Applicants must be in possession of a valid EU passport or documentation for eligibility to work in France e.g. Carte de sejour
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
As a company, Travelbound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly