Commis Chef – Winter 20/21
From shredding the piste to shredding the lettuce!
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. We offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
Our club hotels, resorts and shining reputation means Skibound are market leaders in ski experiences for both guests and staff!
The low down as a Commis Chef…
A day on the slopes calls for a hearty, fresh-cooked, wholesome meal. Our bustling kitchens provide breakfast, lunch and dinner suitable for a younger palette and a more advanced menu for our adult guests. Catering for large covers doesn’t mean we compromise on quality! As a Commis Chef your duties will include food preparation, following recipe cards, keeping the kitchen spick and span and taking your turn to oversee a service. You should be passionate about food and have a sharp eye for maintaining health and safety and cleanliness standards in the kitchen.
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What we’re looking for…
- Previous prep and cooking experience in a professional kitchen environment
- Good understanding of HACCP and Health and Safety regulations including COSHH
- A passion for the catering industry
- A willingness to get stuck in and help across all sections of the kitchen (during peak times!)
- Bags of energy and motivated to learn
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive, seasonal salary
- All your meals
- The option to opt into a seasonnaire pack which includes: accommodation, lift pass, Skibound ski equipment hire, Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- French social security insurance
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2021 to April 2022
- Applicants must be in possession of a valid EU passport or documentation for eligibility to work in France e.g. Carte de sejour
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly