General Assistant – Winter 21/22
The host with the most!
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. We offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
The low down as a General Assistant…
Our General Assistants keep our club hotels running smoothly from sunrise till sunset. Variety will be the name of the game as you undertake multiple duties throughout the hotel. A key part of your role will be housekeeping duties and ensuring bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas are spick and span ready for the return of our guests after a fun-filled day on the slopes. You’ll also greet our guests with a smile at mealtimes and ensure each service runs like clockwork. In being a team player, you’ll be happy and flexible to undertake other duties at times including night porter shifts, kitchen porter duties and supporting our Reps and Techs. Working efficiently and to a high standard will maximise your time on the mountains!
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What we’re looking for…
- Customer service experience
- Previous cleaning experience preferable – but don’t worry, we’ll give you the tricks of the trade during training!
- Motivated and efficient
- Happy to try new things
- Works well individually and as part of a team
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive, seasonal salary
- All your meals
- The option to opt into a seasonnaire pack which includes: accommodation, lift pass, Skibound ski equipment hire, Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- French social security insurance
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2021 to April 2022
- Applicants must be in possession of a valid EU passport or documentation for eligibility to work in France e.g. Carte de sejour
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly