Head Chef - Winter 18/19SkiBound France
Head Chef/ Sous Chef
The crème de la crème
A Winter season with Skibound is like no other. Offering a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, school and youth groups are at the heart of what we do. You will be based at one of our 5 lively club hotels across three resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe D’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
The low down…
Our kitchens are the key ingredient to our bustling club hotels. As a Head Chef/ Sous Chef with Skibound you will be the driving force for delivering high cover, high quality meals appealing to a younger palette alongside an exciting, more sophisticated menu for our adult guests. Our kitchen teams are a vibrant mix of abilities and a vital part of your role will be to inspire and develop our more junior members of the team. Through your passion for the industry you will be happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in cooking alongside your team, whilst managing the key tasks to the smooth running of the kitchen – stock control, ordering and budgeting will be your domain. Working in the mountains is like no other, we will provide you with training on how things are done in France!
What we’re looking for
- Confident heading up a team and running a kitchen
- Proven experience of independent stock control and ordering
- An excellent understanding of the Health and Safety regulations (Food & Hygiene, HACCP, COSHH)
- Experience in preparing meals to cater for all dietary requirements
- Able to work in line with the Hotel Manager to establish budgets and hit KPI targets
- Resourcefulness – at the top of the mountain you’ll need to be creative with ingredients, menus and available equipment
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck – from basic food prep to an end of service clean
- A desire and the necessary knowledge to develop more junior members of your team
What’s in it for you
- Ski equipment and lift pass (we’ll even sort your insurance!)
- We are proud to say we offer our staff one of the most competitive pay and packages in this industry!
- Accommodation – we’ve got it covered!
- 3 meals a day, 7 days a week – just what you need after an afternoon on the slopes
- Organised travel to and from resort
- Further seasonal opportunities with us and our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA