Head Chef – Winter 20/21
The crème de la crème!
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. We offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
Our club hotels, resorts and shining reputation means Skibound are market leaders in ski experiences for both guests and staff!
The low down as a Head Chef…
Our kitchens are the key ingredient to our bustling club hotels. As a Head Chef with Skibound you will be the driving force for delivering high cover, high quality meals appealing to a younger palette. You’ll also lead your brigade in creating a more exciting and sophisticated menu for our adult guests.
Our kitchen teams are a vibrant mix of abilities and a vital part of your role will be to inspire and develop our more junior members of the team. Through your passion for food and the industry, you will be happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in with the cooking alongside your team. You’ll also be a great multi-tasker and ensure all key tasks are undertaken to achieve smooth and successful services. This includes stock control, ordering, budgeting and due diligence for cleanliness and health and safety standards.
Working in a mountain kitchen is a unique experience and we will provide you with training on how things are done in France!
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What we’re looking for:
- Confidence in heading up a team and running a kitchen
- Proven experience of independent stock control and ordering
- An excellent understanding of the Health and Safety regulations (Food & Hygiene, HACCP, COSHH)
- Experience in preparing meals to cater for all dietary requirements
- Ability to work in line with the Hotel Manager to establish budgets and hit KPI targets
- Understanding and implementation of a suitable menu for the hotel’s main clientele – schools and children
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck – from basic food prep to an end of service clean
- A desire and the necessary knowledge to develop more junior members of your team
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive, seasonal salary
- All your meals
- The option to opt into a seasonnaire pack which includes: accommodation, lift pass, Skibound ski equipment hire, Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- French social security insurance
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2021 to April 2022
- Applicants must be in possession of a valid EU passport or documentation for eligibility to work in France e.g. Carte de sejour
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly