Hotel Manager - Winter 18/19SkiBound France
Le Grand Fromage…
A Winter season with Skibound is like no other. Offering a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, school and youth groups are at the heart of what we do. You will be based at one of our 5 lively club hotels across three resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe D’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
The low down…
As a hotel manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of the hotel. You will be the driving force in your team, motivating your staff to excel and deliver outstanding results. This is a varied role but some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Staff training and development
- Implementing and creating staff rotas
- Maintain excellent customer service including escalated customer complaints
- Liaise with UK-based HR team to operate in line with company policies (payroll, disciplinary procedures, staff welfare)
- Collaborate with department managers (eg. Head Chef) to ensure that stock takes and accounts are accurate and in line with the budget
- Drive sales across all areas including bar and après ensuring all monies taken on behalf of the company are managed appropriately
- Adhere to company procedures and work within operational and local authority guidelines
- Maintain high standards of health and safety throughout the hotel
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone with previous management experience within the hospitality industry, who is ready to emulate the Skibound brand and ethos. You will need to be an effective team manager through leading by example with high levels of enthusiasm and a passion for achieving results, whilst being happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in with some of the day to day tasks. You will need to have the ability to work under pressure and manage a high work load whilst ensuring that customer satisfaction is achieved across all departments.
What’s in it for you
- Ski equipment and lift pass (we’ll even sort your insurance!)
- Accommodation – we’ve got it covered!
- 3 meals a day, 7 days a week – just what you need after an afternoon on the slopes
- Organised travel to and from resort
- Further seasonal opportunities with us and our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA