JCA 2023 - Seasonal Catering AssistantJCA UK - Condover Hall, Shropshire
JCA Catering Assistant – 2023
We are looking for both full-time and part-time Catering Assistants to join our vibrant team at our flagship Activity Centre, Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. This is a seasonal vacancy from January 2023 to November 2023 with the option to return for the 2024 season.
What will I be doing?
As a Catering Assistant you will work to support the chefs and kitchen team in our busy onsite canteen. Some of your duties will include:
- Serving meals to both our guests and staff
- Keeping the kitchen and restaurant area clean, including cleaning trays, changing bins sweeping and mopping the floor
- Basic food preparation e.g., setting up cereals, salad bar and drinks
- Ensuring health and safety and cleanliness regulations are met
- Assist with unpacking of deliveries
- Ensuring food is stored correctly and rotated in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Decorating the restaurant area for themed nights
- Being aware of the daily menu and different dietary requirements
- At particularly busy times, you may be asked to support in other departments such as Housekeeping
- Greeting guests in the Canteen
What we’re looking for:
- An interest in the catering and/ or hospitality industries
- A team player
- Enjoys working in a sociable and fast-paced working environment
- Hard-working with a genuine desire to make our guests happy
- Shows initiative and happy to try new things
- Previous experience working in a kitchen, restaurant or food-based environment is desirable but not essential.
Our motto at JCA is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
The extra bits…
- This role is paid at £10 per hour!
- Free meals included!
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- This role is seasonal from January 2023 – November 2023
- Full-time and part-time contracts available
- The role will involve working weekends
- Early & late shifts (6.45am – 2.45pm/11.45am – 7.45pm)
- Full training will be provided including Health and safety, safeguarding and Covid measures
- Role progression and the chance to return for the next season
- Further seasonal opportunities in the UK and abroad with our sister brands, Travelbound and Skibound
JCA 2023 - Seasonal Catering Assistant - JCA
With over 25 years’ experience in the outdoor industry, JCA is one of the leading UK companies for school and family activity holidays. JCA’s flagship activity centre is Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Condover Hall boasts over 40 different activities to choose from and can host over 500 guests at one time – a super exciting and unique place to work!