JCA 2023 - Seasonal General AssistantJCA UK - Condover Hall, Shropshire
JCA General Assistant – 2023
We are looking for full-time General Assistants to join our vibrant team at our flagship Activity Centre, Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. This is a seasonal vacancy from January 2023 to November 2023 with the option to return for the 2024 season.
The low down as a General Assistant…
Our General Assistants are at the heart of Condover Hall’s smooth-running operation. With many different departments across the centre, they’ll be plenty of variety in your role to keep you motivated each day!
Your primary role will be helping our Retail department in our on-site gift shop & bar, but you will also be required to help in our other departments. This may be catering, maintenance, retail or administration so the role really is varied!
You’ll help with housekeeping duties and ensure that guest bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas are spick and span ready for the return of our guests after an action-packed day outdoors.
Whilst in the restaurant, you’ll help to cater for our hungry guests. From setting up the salad bar and prepping cutlery and trays to serving guests and cleaning down after mealtimes, you’ll help our guests with a smile and ensure each service runs like clockwork.
Maintenance work will involve the upkeep of the site and grounds to ensure it’s looking it’s best for our guests.
Helping the admin team may include reception duties and preparing arrival paperwork.
As a team player, you’ll be happy and flexible to undertake other duties when needed including cleaning and maintaining activity equipment, welcoming and serving guests on reception and our on-site shop and ensuring the well-being of our guests during any night porter shifts.
At JCA and Condover Hall, we believe that ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role will be required.
What we’re looking for…
- A can-do attitude
- Happy to try new things
- Motivated to work hard and to a high standard
- Enjoys working as part of a large team but also able to work individually
- Previous experience in hospitality, customer service, housekeeping or catering is desirable but not essential!
What’s in it for you…
- Role specific training including: JCA induction, customer service, safeguarding, basic food hygiene, COSHH, first aid and health & safety
- Varied experience in different departments to develop personal skillsets including catering, housekeeping and retail
- Role progression and the chance to return for future contracts
- Further opportunities in the UK and overseas with JCA’s sister brands, Travelbound and Skibound.
The extra bits…
- This role is paid at £10 per hour!
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- This role is seasonal from January 2023 – November 2023
- Full-time and part-time contracts available up to 40 hours per week
- The role will involve working weekends
- Full training will be provided including Health and Safety & Safeguarding
With over 25 years’ experience in the outdoor industry, JCA is one of the leading UK companies for school and family activity holidays. JCA’s flagship activity centre is Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Condover Hall boasts over 40 different activities to choose from and can host over 500 guests at one time – a super exciting and unique place to work!