JCA 2024 - Catering AssistantJCA UK - Condover Hall, Shropshire
We are looking for both part-time Catering Assistants to join our vibrant team at our flagship Activity Centre, Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. This is a seasonal vacancy from January to November 2024 with the option to return for the 2025 season.
What will I be doing?
As a Catering Assistant you will work to support the chefs and kitchen team in our busy onsite canteen. Some of your duties will include:
- Serving meals to both our guests and staff
- Keeping the kitchen and restaurant area clean, including cleaning trays, changing bins sweeping and mopping the floor
- Basic food preparation e.g., setting up cereals, salad bar and drinks
- Ensuring health and safety and cleanliness regulations are met
- Assist with unpacking of deliveries
- Ensuring food is stored correctly and rotated in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Decorating the restaurant area for themed nights
- Being aware of the daily menu and different dietary requirements
- At particularly busy times, you may be asked to support in other departments such as Housekeeping
- Greeting guests in the Canteen
What we’re looking for:
- An interest in the catering and/ or hospitality industries
- A team player
- Enjoys working in a sociable and fast-paced working environment
- Hard-working with a genuine desire to make our guests happy
- Shows initiative and happy to try new things
- Previous experience working in a kitchen, restaurant or food-based environment is desirable but not essential.
Our motto at JCA is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
The extra bits…
- This role is paid at £10.60 per hour increasing to £11.55 per hour in April
- Free meals included!
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- This role is seasonal from January 2024 – November 2024
- Part-time contracts available
- The role will involve working weekends
- Early & late shifts (6.45am – 2.45pm/11.45am – 7.45pm)
- Full training will be provided including Health and Safety, Safeguarding & Level 2 Food Hygeine
- Employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Accommodation is not available so you will need your own transport to travel to Condover Hall due to the location
- Role progression and the chance to return for the next season
- Further seasonal opportunities in the UK and abroad with our sister brands, Travelbound and Skibound