JCA Chef - 2020JCA UK - Condover Hall
We are looking for a Chef to join our vibrant team at our flagship Activity Centre, Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. This is a seasonal vacancy from February 2020 to November 2020, with the option of returning for the same dates each year.
What will I be doing?
You will be working alongside our Head Chef providing child and adult-friendly, wholesome meals for our guests and staff at our flagship Activity Centre – Condover Hall. As a Chef you will be responsible for the preparation and cooking of meals in accordance with company guidelines, whilst ensuring high standards of preparation, presentation and the quality of food at all times. With over 1000 guests per week in peak season catering for special dietary requirements, can be a challenge and you would need to ensure that according to the needs of our guests and staff, their specific needs are met.
You will also work closely alongside the Head Chef in all aspects of their role including organising stock control (stock take, receive and check supplies) and managing the kitchen staff during shifts. A key part of the role will be ensuring that HACCP records are maintained correctly and on time and that the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen, stores, and back of house areas are achieved.
What are we looking for?
- A customer driven team member who can work with children and young people
- An engaging communicator and team player who is happy to lead by example
- Previous experience and passion for Catering, ideally on a larger scale
- The desire to innovate and produce food of outstanding quality
- Good knowledge of health and safety/ hygiene laws HACCP and standards
- NVQ or equivalent qualification in a Catering related role and valid food hygiene certificate
- Experience of working in a busy kitchen and used to dealing with high volumes.