JCA Chief InstructorJCA UK - Condover Hall
This is an exciting role supporting the Activity Manager in the successful operation of our flagship Centre at Condover Hall, Shropshire. The Chief Instructor plays a significant link between the Senior Activity Team and the day to day overseeing of the Activity Instructors.
As the Chief Instructor you will be helping to ensure the successful delivery of the activity programme and smooth daily operation of our busy flagship activity centre, Condover Hall. Managing, inspiring and supporting a team of Senior Staff you will give them direction and guidance to ensure they in turn support the instructional staff to maintain a high standard delivery of activity sessions and customer service to our guests to achieve outstanding results.
You will support the Activity Manger with ensuring that all the activity operating and safety management procedures are in place and comply with company and governing body standards and guidelines. You will assist with the review and updating of risk assessments, monitoring of incidents and maintain strict health and safety standards. Ensuring a high standard of activity equipment is essential to a successful operation therefore you will be responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, storage and security of the centre activity resources.
During the Apprentice Activity staff induction period you will play a key role by supporting both co-ordination and delivery of land based and ‘off ground’ training as well as monitoring staff progress during this period. Throughout the season you will help identify any training and support needs of the staff. Through the coordination of session observations, monitoring feedback and staff appraisals you will help to identify individual need help to put action plans in place where required.
Additionally you’ll think creatively and work with the Activity Manager to develop the existing activity portfolio and develop new activity sessions and products .You will also be resourceful in supporting the facilitation of events and activities and system to improve and sustain staff interest and motivation.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of working with a range of children and young people in an outdoor residential setting and an understanding of the importance of the learning experience gained from outdoor experiences.
- A customer driven team member who is able to promote excellent customer service, communicate with all groups ensuring that expectations are met and problems rectified.
- Self-motivated with energy, drive and enthusiasm at all times for working with young people and adults.
- Strong management skills with the ability to effectively communicate, advise, motivate and support the senior and seasonal staff team.
- The ability to plan, organize and deliver weekly senior and feedback meetings.
- Diplomatic, yet assertive and decisive.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with a positive problem solving approach.
- Knowledge of the outdoors, BAPA, AALA and other Governing Bodies
- Flexibility to complete evening duty manger shifts as required as well as work weekends.
- This is a live in position, so you will be based at our Flagship centre, Condover Hall.