JCA ChefJCA UK - Condover Hall, Shropshire
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Chef to join our team at Condover Hall Activity Centre. You will be working for JCA, one of the leading UK companies for school and family activity holidays. JCA’s flagship activity centre is Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Condover Hall boasts over 40 different activities to choose from and can host up to 600 guests at one time – a super exciting and unique place to work!
What will I be doing?
You will be based in the restaurant and kitchen department of Condover Hall activity centre working alongside a team of chefs and the Catering Manager. Your role will be to provide child and adult-friendly, wholesome meals for our guests and staff. You will be responsible for the preparation and cooking of meals in accordance with company guidelines. You will ensure that high standards are met in all aspects of preparation, presentation, and quality of food.
The restaurant provides a buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner service for both guests and staff. At peak times, Condover Hall can house up to 600 guests so the kitchen is a fast-moving environment to provide tasty, filling and crowd-pleasing menus! As a Chef, you will also be catering for the varying dietary requirements of our guests and staff.
Day to day, your key duties will include: stock control (stock take, receive and check supplies), prepping and cooking meals for the next service, working as part of a team, following due diligence procedures such as HACCP and working to the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen, stores, and back of house areas.
What are we looking for?
- Previous chef experience (Chef de Partie level or above)
- Experience in larger catering environments is a bonus e.g. school, events
- Catering related qualifications or certificates are a bonus
- Good knowledge of health and safety and hygiene standards
- Proven team experience in a professional kitchen setting
- The desire to innovate and produce food of outstanding quality
- A customer driven team member who can work with children and young people
The extra bits…
- Permanent, full-time position
- Negotiable salary based on experience
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- You must be able to make your own way to Condover Hall as accommodation is not provided as standard
- The role will involve working weekends
- The earliest shift is approximately 6/ 7am and the latest is 7/ 8pm.
- You will have the Christmas and New years eve off! Condover is closed over the 2 weeks festive period
- Full training will be provided including: Health and Safety and Safeguarding
- Role progression opportunities
- Further seasonal opportunities in the UK and abroad with our sister brands, Travelbound and Skibound
With over 25 years’ experience in the outdoor industry, JCA is one of the leading UK companies for school and family activity holidays. JCA’s flagship activity centre is Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Condover Hall boasts over 40 different activities to choose from and can host over 500 guests at one time – a super exciting and unique place to work!