JCA – Condover Hall, Deputy Activity ManagerJCA UK - Condover Hall, Shropshire
JCA currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual with an activities background to join the growing team at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall activity centre in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
At JCA, we have over 25 years’ experience in providing fun and educational adventures for school and youth groups. We pride ourselves on delivering a unique experience, accompanied with an array of outstanding activities and facilities. Condover Hall is in the heart of the west-midlands countryside, nestled among beautiful scenery and a stone’s throw away from a multitude of outdoor pursuits, (no busy, city commute to work here!)
What will I be doing?
As a Deputy Activity Manager, no two days will look the same. You will be an ambassador for JCA and your passion and knowledge will be shared amongst the activity team. In peak-season, there will be approximately 70 activity staff – from Apprentice Activity instructors to Senior Activity instructors. You will work hard to develop our teams and motivate them throughout the season to ensure they are delivering the highest quality of activities programme.
Safety will be your number one priority! A large part of your role will be to ensure our strict safety and security regulations are being met at all times, which will include you working alternate early morning shifts and late evening shifts. You will be the driving force behind delivering an exceptional level of customer service to our guests.
You will work under the direction of the Activities Manager and collaborate with your fellow Deputy Activity manger. This is a very varied role but some of your additional duties and responsibilities will include:
- Staff training and development
- To be the driving force to ensure a smooth day to day running of the Activity department
- Maintain high standards of health and safety throughout the Activity Department
- To assist the Activity Manager to ensure our company values are being met
- Main point of contact for both guests and staff
- Maintain excellent customer service including dealing with customer complaints
- Liaise with the HR team to operate in line with company policies (disciplinary procedures, staff welfare)
- Deputise in the absence of the Activity Manager to uphold a smooth service
What are we looking for?
- Passion for the outdoor industry, sports, outdoor activities etc.
- Previous experience in a similar setting e.g. Activity Centre, Holiday Park or Leisure Centre
- Previous experience in a similar leadership role
- Strong communication skills in a team setting
- Genuine passion for customer service
- Happy to be flexible in the role and support the Condover Hall operation wherever needed
- Happy to work early morning and late night shifts as well as occasional weekends as Condover is operational February to November, 7 days a week
The extra bits…
- Based at Condover Hall activity centre in Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Ideal start date, January 2023
- Permanent, full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Annual salary £20,000
- Eligible for 2023 Travelopia bonus scheme
- On-site accommodation provided with no deduction for meals or accommodation – or live off-site if living in the local area
- 25 days annual leave + 8 for bank holidays (due to the operation, some bank holidays will need to be worked. Time off given in lieu)
- Further training will be provided including: Health and Safety and Safeguarding
- On-going opportunities within Travelopia and access to company benefits