General Assistant - Kickstart SchemeJCA UK - Condover Hall, Shropshire
Who are JCA?
With over 25 years’ experience in the outdoor adventure industry, JCA are leaders in activity experiences for school, youth and sports groups!
In this role, you will be based at JCA’s flagship centre, Condover Hall in Shrewsbury. With capacity for over 500 guests and over 40 activities on site, Condover Hall is a busy and exciting place to work for all members of the team!
The low down as a General Assistant…
Our General Assistants are at the heart of Condover Hall’s smooth-running operation. With many different departments across the centre, they’ll be plenty of variety in your role to keep you motivated each day!
A key part of your role will be to help maintain the hygiene and cleanliness standards across the whole centre. Your rota will include time in our restaurant and kitchen as well as guest accommodation.
Whilst in the restaurant, you’ll help to cater for our hungry guests. From setting up the salad bar and prepping cutlery and trays to serving guests and cleaning down after mealtimes, you’ll help our guests with a smile and ensure each service runs like clockwork.
You’ll also help with housekeeping duties and ensure that guest bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas are spick and span ready for the return of our guests after an action-packed day outdoors.
As a team player, you’ll be happy and flexible to undertake other duties when needed including cleaning and maintaining activity equipment, welcoming and serving guests on reception and our on-site shop and ensuring the well-being of our guests during any night porter shifts.
At JCA and Condover Hall, we believe that ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role will be required.
What we’re looking for…
- A can-do attitude
- Happy to try new things
- Motivated to work hard and to a high standard
- Enjoys working as part of a large team but also able to work individually
- Previous experience in hospitality, customer service, housekeeping or catering is desirable but not essential!
What’s in it for you…
- Role specific training including: JCA induction, customer service, safeguarding, basic food hygiene, COSHH, first aid and health & safety
- Varied experience in different departments to develop personal skillsets including catering, housekeeping and retail
- Role progression and the chance to return for future contracts
- Further opportunities in the UK and overseas with JCA’s sister brands, Travelbound and Skibound.
The extra bits…
- This position is available as part of the UK Government’s Kickstart Scheme. You must be between the ages of 16 and 24 and currently be claiming Universal Credit
- The estimated start date is mid-May 2021 for a 6 month contract
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- A typical working pattern may include 3 full days a week or 2 full days and 2 half days. Flexibility is essential for this role
- As a company, JCA are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK Government in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes to start dates or the job role will be communicated to applicants as soon as possible.
PLEASE NOTE – This role is only available to those candidates applying through the UK Government’s Kickstart Scheme. If you are not applying through the scheme, please do not complete an application for this role. Any questions can be sent to: [email protected]