Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter - Travelbound 2022Travelbound France
Join us this season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word! You will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills, make memories which will last a lifetime and even practice your ‘Bonjour’ and ‘Au Revoir’ if you’d like to!
The low down…
This is a dual role giving you the best of both worlds. During your day shifts as a Kitchen Porter you will be an integral part of the kitchen team, ensuring our chefs have everything they need to fuel our guests for a day full of activities at the Chateau. This will include pot wash, basic food prep and shutting down the kitchen at the end of a service with cleaning surfaces and ovens, emptying bins etc.
During your night shifts as a Night Porter, you will carry out health and safety checks and be a first port of call for anyone who needs assistance throughout the evening – don’t worry there will always be a member of senior management on call to help deal with any particularly tricky questions! You’ll also be given an overnight duty list which can include hoovering, dusting/ polishing and making packed lunches for our guests.
To ensure that you can transfer between day to night shifts and still have plenty of time to enjoy your season in France, you will normally be on a 4 week rotational pattern:
2 weeks as a Night Porter, 6 days off, 1 week as a Kitchen Porter and then the pattern will start over again.
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience as a kitchen porter or night porter is a bonus!
- Previous experience in a hospitality or leisure setting is preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Works well individually and as part of a team
- Customer service experience
- A positive, can-do attitude!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive seasonal salary paid in Euros
- On-site accommodation
- Free meals – even on your days off!
- Access to on-site facilities including: staff bikes, outdoor swimming pool, BBQ, discounted drinks in the Chateau bar etc.
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future season (who knows, you might be the next Grande Fromage!)
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end.
The extra bits…
- The ideal applicant will be available to start in September and work until the end of October 2022 – with the option of returning in March next year for the 2023 season
- Applicants in possession of a valid EU passport or documentation for eligibility to work in France e.g. Carte de sejour are preferred BUT if you have a UK passport, we can apply for a work permit in your name and support you in applying for a French working visa
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please be patient whilst we review your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, Travelbound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly