Condover Hall is a Grade I listed building and both the main house and vast grounds take a lot of care and attention. As a Maintenance Person, you will be responsible for hands-on practical assistance around the whole site as well as overseeing projects and offering your advice and expertise for future areas of attention. The safety of our guests and staff should be your biggest concern with all tasks completed to the highest compliance standards.
What you will be doing:
- Investigate and rectify any issues reported by guests or staff
- Work to a very high standard with guest and staff safety at the heart of everything you do
- Help to oversee any projects carried out by external resources
- Report to the Centre Manager and update them regarding ongoing projects and required works
- Understand and abide by health and safety legislation
- Work on individual projects but also interact as part of the wider operations team across the site
What we’re looking for:
- A strong maintenance background – Formal qualifications aren’t essential but a bonus!
- Experience in a similar setting such as a school or activity centre is a bonus but not essential
- An ability to confidently manage your own time
- Comfortable with reporting to and liaising with senior management
- A responsible and conscientious outlook in regards to health and safety details
The extra bits…
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- You must be able to make your own way to Condover Hall as accommodation is not provided as standard
- Permanent, full-time position
- Exact salary to be confirmed based on experience, circa £19,000
- The role will involve working occasional weekends
- Full training will be provided including: Health and safety and safeguarding
- Role progression opportunities
- Further seasonal opportunities in the UK and abroad with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Maintenance Person to support our operation at Condover Hall Activity Centre. You will be working for JCA, one of the leading UK companies for school and family activity holidays. JCA’s flagship activity centre is Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Condover Hall boasts over 40 different activities to choose from and can host over 500 guests at one time – a super exciting and unique place to work!