We are looking for Catering Assistants to join our vibrant team at our flagship Activity Centre, Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. This is a permanent position based on annualised hours to start in 2022.
What will I be doing?
As a Catering Assistant you will work to support the chefs and kitchen team in our busy onsite canteen. Some of your duties will include:
- Serving meals to both our guests and staff
- Keeping the kitchen and restaurant area clean, including cleaning trays, changing bins sweeping and mopping the floor
- Basic food preparation e.g., setting up cereals, salad bar and drinks
- Ensuring health and safety and cleanliness regulations are met
- Assist with unpacking of deliveries
- Ensuring food is stored correctly and rotated in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Decorating the restaurant area for themed nights
- Being aware of the daily menu and different dietary requirements
- At particularly busy times, you may be asked to support in other departments such as Housekeeping.
What we’re looking for:
- An interest in the catering and/ or hospitality industries
- A team player
- Enjoys working in a sociable and fast-paced working environment
- Hard-working with a genuine desire to make our guests happy
- Shows initiative and happy to try new things
- Previous experience working in a kitchen, restaurant or food-based environment is desirable but not essential.
Our motto at JCA is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
The extra bits…
- Permanent position to start in 2022
- Hours are annualised across a year with 12 equal payments (1,680 hours over 12 months for an average of 40 hours per week or 1,260 hours over 12 months for an average of 30 hours per week )
- £10 per hour
- 2 weeks off at Christmas! With an additional 15 days leave to take over the year
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- A local, daily mini-bus service is available for pick-ups and drop-offs between Shrewsbury Train Station and Condover Hall
- Live-in accommodation and meals can be provided if you don’t live locally!
- This role is to start as soon as possible with a contract end date of mid-November
- Full-time and part-time contracts available
- The role will involve working occasional weekends
- Full training will be provided including Health and safety, safeguarding and Covid measures
- Role progression and the chance to return for the next season
- Further seasonal opportunities in the UK and abroad with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA