We are looking for Housekeeping Assistants to join our vibrant team at our flagship Activity Centre, Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. This is a permanent position with annualised hours over a 12 month period to start in 2022.
What will I be doing?
- Cleaning guest rooms and bathrooms
- Cleaning communal areas of Condover Hall
- Following Covid cleaning regulations
- Maintaining cleanliness and health & safety standards
- Ensuring the storerooms are stocked with necessary linens, guest supplies and cleaning equipment
- Helping to decorate the centre for events
- Assisting with other departments when the centre is very busy e.g., in the canteen area
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative and happy to try new things
- A team player – but also happy to work as an individual
- Reliable and responsible
- Previous experience working in a housekeeping or cleaning position is desirable but not essential.
Our motto at JCA is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
The extra bits…
- Permanent position to start in 2022
- Hours are annualised across a year with 12 equal payments (1,680 hours over 12 months for an average of 40 hours per week or 1,260 hours over 12 months for an average of 30 hours per week)
- 2 weeks off at Christmas! With an additional 15 days leave to take over the year
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- A local, daily mini-bus service is available for pick-ups and drop-offs between Shrewsbury Train Station and Condover Hall
- Live-in accommodation and meals can be provided if you don’t live locally!
- This role is to start as soon as possible with a contract end date of mid-November
- Full-time and part-time contracts available
- The role will involve working occasional weekends
- Full training will be provided including Health and safety, safeguarding and Covid measures
- Role progression and the chance to return for the next season
- Further seasonal opportunities in the UK and abroad with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA