Ski Operations Technician – Winter 20/21
These boots are made for skiing!
A winter season with SkiBound is like no other. We offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 5 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
Our club hotels, resorts and shining reputation means SkiBound are market leaders in ski experiences for both guests and staff!
The low down as a Ski Operations Technician…
Does the thought of a newly waxed and sharpened pair of skis get you excited!? As an in-hotel Ski Operations Technician, you will be the fountain of knowledge when it comes to kitting out our guests with all the equipment they need for a fun-filled week of mountain action. You’ll be an expert in the service and upkeep of all ski equipment, with our health and safety standards at the forefront of everything you do. You’ll also take pride in keeping the Ski Tech room tidy and organised.
You’ll also be a key team member in ensuring things are running smoothly behind the scenes with managing lift pass information, completing paperwork and liaising with other departments and services including Hotel Management and ski schools.
Our motto at SkiBound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What we’re looking for…
- A real passion for winter sports and a basic knowledge of the workings of ski equipment
- Customer service experience – Any previous work with children is a bonus!
- Organised and responsible to manage several duties at once
- Keep calm during complex and high-pressured situations
- Happy to work as part of a wider team as well as on their own
What’s in it for you…
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- SkiBound ski equipment hire, Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We ask applicants to be fully available from December 2020 to April 2021
- Applicants must be in possession of a full and in-date UK or EU passport
- Specific job role training takes place in resort
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly