Tour CoordinatorTravelbound United Kingdom
Travelbound Student Tours is a small specialist company dealing with educational travel for students in Higher and Further Education. Being part of Travelopia, we are able to support a student’s development in unison with their educational framework and create a unique learning experience outside of the lecture room. We work with Group Leaders, lecturers and institutions to arrange university and college trips for a range of academic subjects.
What you’ll be getting up to…
A Tour Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and administrating all Travelbound Student Tours bookings from the point of confirmation until the return, whilst ensuring that the client rebooks for the following sales period. Relationships need to be established and built very quickly, whilst delivering exceptional levels of customer service at all times. Scrupulous attention to detail is vital throughout the cycle of the booking, ensuring that the client has a memorable tour with Travelbound Student Tours for the right reason. Ultimately the Tour Coordinator is responsible for the confirmation and re-confirmation of accommodation, transfers and excursions, as well as all payments and all other administrative duties. We take health and safety extremely seriously and adhere to stringent requirements and codes of practice laid out by Travelopia and the School Travel Forum. By liaising with our Health and Safety department, the Tour Coordinator will ensure that we all are fully compliant with the necessary requirements. Upselling is a key responsibility in this role, to ensure that margins and revenue is increased on all tours. The final delivery of the product is organised by the Tour Coordinator, who is the main point of contact with the customer. We pride ourselves on a dedicated personal service, which is ultimately delivered by the Tour Coordinator on every tour. With a small lead in delivery time, the Tour Coordinator is required to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines as required.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Top class customer service skills. Our brand prides itself on our ability to develop a close rapport with our party leaders.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to cope well under pressure and respond to short deadlines.
- The position requires meticulous attention to detail, even when under pressure.
- The applicant needs to have commercial acumen, be adaptable, reliable and flexible, with a responsible attitude.
- Proven sales experience is desired.
- We are a small team and need a strong and enthusiastic team player.
- Foreign languages are desirable as is knowledge of European and worldwide destinations.
- A basic knowledge of Word and Excel is useful.
What you’ll get from us…
Our open style Brighton Office is located in the quirky, cosmopolitan area of Kemptown and is just a stone’s throw from the beach! In addition to a competitive salary we want you to strike the perfect work-life balance by giving you 25 days holiday each year plus your 8 days bank holiday!
We appreciate the work you do, and we want you to feel supported, that’s why we also offer a Cycle to Work Scheme, Season Ticket Loans, Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance as well as access to hundreds of discounts across all your favourite brands.
Experience Education celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. After all, it is our people that make our business, our products and our communities simply great!