Tour CoordinatorTravelbound United Kingdom
Travelbound is one of the country’s leading Educational Tour Operators operating group tours for thousands of students every year to a very wide range of destinations. Travelbound is part of SkiBound Ltd and is incorporated under the umbrella of the Travelopia Group of companies. Travelbound is in an enviable position of being a medium sized company based in Brighton but reaping the benefits of being part of a larger organisation.
Travelbound offers a vast range of educational tours with itineraries linked to all the main curriculum subjects. From World Wide destinations such as China, the USA and Costa Rica to a large number of European destinations including the Company’s own Chateau in France and all major European cities. The range includes Classics tours to Greece and Italy, MFL and History tours to Germany, MFL and Cross Curricular tours to Spain and geography trips to Iceland and Croatia.
Salary: £18,000.00 /year
This position involves the responsibility for bookings to specific destinations, from the confirmation of the reservation to the completion of the tour and post tour follow up. This is an organisational and customer service role.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Communicating with customers by e mail and phone
- Planning and booking detailed travel itineraries according to groups’ requirements
- Dealing with overseas suppliers including accommodation, transport and the pre-booking of excursions and museum visits
- Researching information to deliver the itinerary
- Dealing with all client file administration and telephone and e mail queries to specific destinations
- Checking costings to make sure they match up with booking details and protecting the margin on your bookings.
- Credit Control and Invoicing clients
- Passing supplier invoices
- Assisting the Health and Safety department with obtaining self-assessment audits and resolution of safety issues
- Dealing with customer service issues
- Upselling excursions and merchandise to group leaders
- There may be a requirement to work additional hours in peak seasons
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent customer service skills are required with good written and spoken English
- Spoken and written Spanish very desirable
- The applicant needs to have commercial acumen, be adaptable, reliable and flexible, with a responsible attitude.
- Possess the ability to cope under pressure and respond to tight deadlines
- The position requires meticulous attention to detail and an enthusiastic approach
- A basic knowledge of Word and Excel is necessary
- A “can do attitude” and strong team player
- Enjoy working within a friendly team in a sociable office and an appreciation of the educational benefits of travel
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and willing to work additional hours as and when required
- Numeracy (GCSE Mathematics)