Tours Administration and Operations SupervisorTravelbound United Kingdom
A vacancy has arisen within the Education Division for a Tours Manager. Travelbound is one of the country’s leading Educational Tour Operators organising tours for hundreds of school and student groups each year.
The vacancy is in our School Tours Department where we organise a wide range of trips to European and World Wide destinations. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with leadership skills who will motivate and develop the team to achieve the highest standards of customer service and ensure the efficient and smooth running of our school tours. This position is responsible for leading the team to deliver well organised itineraries which adhere to strict health and safety requirements. The successful applicant will seek to increase and contribute to the rebooking rate, seek ways to increase the margin of confirmed tours, ensure good credit control and maintain a productive, efficient and happy team environment. In addition to the leadership role there will be a requirement to operate approximately thirty school bookings to maintain hands – on product and operational knowledge.
- To manage a team of tour coordinators
- To troubleshoot unexpected incidents where they occur, supporting the team on a day to day basis and Duty Officers
- To identify process improvements and implement within the business
- To review the teams workload and allocate resource accordingly
- To identify and address training gaps
- Making financial decisions relating to individual bookings whilst protecting the margin.
- Margin optimisation on all tours is achieved
- Manage the commission payments to the team
- Investigate and respond to customer service letters/complaints and identify improvements
- Identifying and implementing any new sources for ancillary revenue
- Ensuring that all documentation to our group leaders is timely and accurate
- Ensuring that our Reservation System, Travelink, is accurate
- Provide Travelink assistance and support to the team
- Monitoring invoice accuracy and ensuring invoices are sent to groups in a timely manner and overseeing credit control.
- Carrying out staff reviews, setting objectives and personal development plans
- Responsible for the recruitment of new team members
- Proven experience of managing a team with at least 2 years’ experience is essential
- Proven customer service skills with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role is essential
- Knowledge of the schools education travel product is highly desirable
- Complaint Handling
- Commercial Acumen
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- The individual must be organised, adaptable, reliable and flexible, with a responsible attitude and possess the ability to cope when a problem arises.
- Experience of Travelink is desirable;
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and willing to work additional hours as and when required.
- Relevant experience of the travel industry and knowledge of European and Worldwide destinations; Foreign Language skills desirable.
- High energy, able to work at a fast pace and drive change
- Enjoyment and experience of working with people and an appreciation of the educational benefits of travel