Travelbound 2023 – Bar SupervisorTravelbound France
Join us for the 2023 season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word!
This role will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns, and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills and make memories which will last a lifetime. With an international customer base and team of around 20 staff members from across Europe and the world, there is a unique opportunity to practice your French and English language skills!
What will I be doing?
At Chateau du Molay, we have a small but welcoming bar area for our groups and can accommodate up to 200 guests and 30 staff at one time. In the evening the bar is a lively space for group leaders and teachers to enjoy a drink after a busy day of activities!
As a Bar Supervisor you will be responsible for the overall running of the bar area as well as a well-stocked and much-loved Tuck Shop. Some of your key duties will include ordering stock, managing stock, putting away deliveries and daily cleaning. You’ll also serve our guests – both adults and children – and ensure you are delivering the highest standards of customer service.
You’ll also have a keen eye for upselling and creating exciting promotions to increase revenue for the Chateau and enhance the guest experience! You will have a training focus on the activity team at the Chateau to ensure they can run the Tuck Shop independently when needed – allowing you to focus on serving in the bar and supporting the shift manager. You will have targets for both the bar and Tuck Shop as well as access to a brand-new EPoS system which will help track your success.
When the bar is closed or during quieter times, you will be a key support to other departments of the Chateau, helping with housekeeping, Potwash and serving in the restaurant. As a supervisor you will also support the shift managers when required.
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Previous bar experience essential
- Previous management or supervisor experience preferred
- Previous stock control experience preffered
- Excellent attention to detail and take pride in their work
- Happy to work as part of a team but also individually
- Prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, sometimes in different departments within the Chateau
- Passion for customer service
- Conversational English is essential
- French speaking is a bonus!
What can Travelbound offer me?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for 2023
- All meals – even on your days off!
- Optional on-site shared accommodation (or an induvial room based on your job role) at an additional charge
- Option to live off-site if you live locally
- Access to on-site facilities including staff bikes, outdoor swimming pool, BBQ, discounted drinks in the Chateau bar etc.
- Full training once at the Chateau
- Support with travel arrangements (based on your current destination)
- Role progression and the chance to return for future seasons
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, Travelopia, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end including JCA in the UK and Skibound in the French Alps
The extra bits…
We ask applicants to be fully available from March 2023 to July 2023 (with the chance of extending right through until October 2023!)
- You must be 18 or over by March 2023 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, EU work visa, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders also considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just ONE Travelbound job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 3 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, Travelbound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly
We look forward to receiving your application!