Travelbound 2023 – Hotel SupervisorTravelbound France
Join us for Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the world!
This role will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
Working at the Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills and make memories which will last a lifetime. With an international customer base and team of around 20 staff members from across Europe and the world, there is a unique opportunity to practice your French and English language skills!
What will I be doing?
As a Chateau Hotel Supervisor, you and your team will play a key role in ensuring our school guests and party leaders feel welcomed at Chateau du Molay and have the best stay possible!
The key focus in your role will be to ensure the presentation and hygiene standards for guest accommodation – bedrooms and bathrooms. This includes hoovering, dusting, cleaning of bedrooms and bathrooms and stripping and re-making beds. Plus, day to day general room cleans are required as well as deep cleans on busy changeover days. You’ll also work with pride to ensure the communal areas of the Chateau entrance, classrooms and restaurant, are presentable and welcoming.
During mealtimes, you’ll also greet our guests in the restaurant area with a friendly smile and assist with waiting tables, serving meals and closing down the restaurant area by clearing away plates and cutlery, wiping tables and sweeping the floor. We serve breakfast and dinner to our guests so sometimes expect early starts for a breakfast shift and a late finish for evening shifts. As a Supervisor, you will be a big personality in the restaurant for both our guests and staff to ensure each mealtime goes smoothly.
With a team of around 20 staff members at Chateau du Molay, you will lead by example and ensure that the housekeeping team and restaurant team are working to the high standards needed. You will support your colleagues in day-to-day duties but also implement training when needed. You will report directly to the Chateau Managers and work alongside the Assistant Managers to ensure the highest standards are delivered in the accommodation and restaurant area.
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Previous experience of housekeeping or cleaning in a travel setting
- Previous supervisory level of a small team is advantageous
- An understanding of dietary allergies is essential
- Previous experience seasonal, hospitality experience is a bonus!
- A fun, positive and professional attitude, and willingness to learn
- A vibrant personality which you can pass onto your team through training and work
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Conversational English is essential
- French speaking is a bonus!
What can Travelbound offer me?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for 2023
- All meals – even on your days off!
- Optional on-site shared accommodation (or an induvial room based on your job role) free of charge
- Option to live off-site if you live locally
- Access to on-site facilities including staff bikes, outdoor swimming pool (May – Sept), BBQ, discounted drinks in the Chateau bar etc.
- Management training once at the Chateau
- Support with travel arrangements (based on your current destination)
- Role progression and the chance to return for future seasons
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, Travelopia, which means we can offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end including JCA in the UK and Skibound in the French Alps
The extra bits…
- This is a short term contract, from the beginning of September until the end of October 2023
- You must be 18 or over to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants will need to hold EU documentation e.g., EU passport, EU Work visa, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- Please apply for just ONE Travelbound job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 3 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, Travelbound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly
We look forward to receiving your application!