Travelbound 2023 - Night Porter and Pot Wash AssistantTravelbound France
Join us for the 2023 season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word!
This role will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills and make memories which will last a lifetime. With an international customer base and team of around 20 staff members from across Europe and the world, there is a unique opportunity to practice your French and English language skills!
What will I be doing?
This is a dual role with both day and night shifts – Giving you the best of both worlds! A normal rota is on a 4 week rolling basis:
1st week: Night Porter duties
2nd week: Night Porter duties
3rd week: Week off!
4th week: Pot Wash Assistant duties
During your night shifts as a Night Porter, you will be based in either the main Chateau or the Annexe.
If you are in the Chateau, you will be responsible for carrying out hourly safety checks and be a first port of call for anyone who needs assistance throughout the evening – don’t worry there will always be a member of senior management on call to help deal with any particularly tricky situation! You’ll also be given an overnight duty list which will include hoovering, dusting/polishing, mopping, etc – this will ensure the Chateau looks sparkling clean for the guests in the morning.
If you are in the Annexe, you will be responsible for setting up and cleaning the restaurant, ready for breakfast. You will also be in control of the morning sandwich room – ensuring that all guests can make their own packed lunch smoothly before they depart for the day. You’ll also be given an overnight duty list which will include hoovering, dusting/polishing, mopping, etc – this will ensure the Chateau looks sparkling clean for the guests in the morning. (If the Chateau does not have guests onsite during the night, you would not be required to work – giving you more time to relax and explore this beautiful region of France!)
Following your 2 weeks of night shifts, you will have a full 7 days off plus one extra night before you start a week of day shifts on Pot Wash Assistant duties. This will include the morning breakfast period and evening dinner service. Your key focus will be the Pot Wash area of the kitchen. You’ll need to be organised and work efficiently to ensure our chefs have clean and hygienic kitchen equipment and our guests have all the plates, cutlery and glasses they need in the resturant. You will also support with shutting down the kitchen at the end of a service with cleaning surfaces and ovens and emptying bins.
We have a team of around 30 staff at the Chateau and you may sometimes be asked to help other departments – such as housekeeping or maintenance.
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Previous experience as a night worker is a bonus!
- Previous experience in a hospitality or leisure setting is preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment from your own initiative when required
- Reliable and confident to work as a Night Porter with the responsibility of up to 200 sleeping guests.
- Works well individually and as part of a team
- Customer service experience
- A positive, can-do attitude!
- A good attitude and willingness to learn
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Conversational English is essential
- French speaking is a bonus!
What can Travelbound offer me?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for 2023
- All meals – even on your days off!
- Optional on-site shared accommodation (or an induvial room based on your job role) at an additional charge
- Option to live off-site if you live locally
- Access to on-site facilities including: staff bikes, outdoor swimming pool, BBQ, discounted drinks in the Chateau bar etc.
- Full job training once at the Chateau
- Support with travel arrangements (based on your current destination)
- Role progression and the chance to return for future seasons
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, Travelopia, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end including JCA in the UK and Skibound in the French Alps
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from March 2023 to July 2023 (with the chance of extending right through until October 2023!)
- You must be 18 or over by March 2023 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, EU Work visa, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders also considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just ONE Travelbound job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 3 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, Travelbound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly
We look forward to receiving your application!