Travelbound Laundry AssistantTravelbound France
Join us for the 2023 season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word!
This role will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills and make memories which will last a lifetime. With an international customer base and team of around 20 staff members from across Europe and the world, there is a unique opportunity to practice your French and English language skills!
What will I be doing?
As a Laundry Assistant, you will be a key role in ensuring our school guests and party leaders have the best stay possible!
The key focus in your role will be to ensure the laundry for our guests is clean and ready for our Housekeepers to place in the accommodation. This includes washing, drying, and pressing bedding and towels.
There may be days where the laundry requirements are less, on these days you will have the opportunity to help the team across other departments. This may me for example, helping our General Assistants with cleaning or our Catering Team with pot washing duties.
This is a full-time position with usual working hours of 9am – 5pm
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Previous experience of laundry duties in a travel setting is preferred but not essential (full training will be provided)
- Previous experience seasonal, hospitality experience is a bonus!
- A good attitude with willingness to learn and the adaptability to assist with other duties where needed
- A vibrant personality and confidence in front of large groups
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Conversational English is essential
- French speaking is a bonus!
What can Travelbound offer me?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for 2023
- All meals – even on your days off!
- Optional on-site shared accommodation (or an induvial room based on your job role) free of charge
- Option to live off-site if you live locally
- Access to on-site facilities including staff bikes, outdoor swimming pool, BBQ, discounted drinks in the Chateau bar etc.
- Management training once at the Chateau
- Support with travel arrangements (based on your current destination)
- Role progression and the chance to return for future seasons
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, Travelopia, which means we can offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end including JCA in the UK and Skibound in the French Alps
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from March 2023 to July 2023 (with the chance of extending right through until October 2023!)
- You must be 18 or over by March 2023 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants will need to hold EU documentation e.g., EU passport, EU Work visa, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- Please apply for just ONE Travelbound job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 3 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, Travelbound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly
We look forward to receiving your application!
Travelbound Laundry Assistant - Travelbound
"It is a positive and uplifting place to work"