Assistant Chef – Skibound Winter 22/23SkiBound France
Assistant Chef – Skibound Winter 22/23
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
What will I be doing as an Assistant Chef?
An Assistant Chef with Skibound would be suitable for an experienced Commis Chef or Chef de Partie. We offer our school guests a set menu over the course of their stay, with cold buffet options available for breakfast, a buffet style lunch with anything from soups, salads, jacket potatoes, marinated chicken wings and build-your-own-sandwiches and a 3 course sit down evening meal. Our food caters to a younger palette and a more advanced menu for our adult guests.
With a set menu in place, there is plenty of opportunity to be organised and get on top of prep work so when it comes to mealtimes, the service runs smoothly even with our high volume of guests!
As an Assistant Chef, you will be happy to take direction from your Head Chef in regards to food prep, following recipe cards if you need to make a dish from scratch, working to the strictest standards for dietary requirements, storing food correctly, using the correct equipment and cleaning down after a service. When it is the Head Chef’s day off, you should also be confident to work with your fellow Assistant Chefs to oversee a service and a more basic menu offering. You’ll also be happy to get stuck in with pot wash when needed to support your kitchen team.
With your previous kitchen and chef experience, you should be passionate about food and show a willingness to learn and development. You’ll also be knowledgeable in health, safety, and cleanliness standards across the kitchen in order to make sure they are maintained.
If you feel your experience is more advanced – fantastic! We are also recruiting for ‘Sous Chef’ and ‘Head Chef.’
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience will I need to be an Assistant Chef?
- Previous food prep and cooking experience in a professional kitchen environment as a Commis Chef or Chef de Partie
- Any qualifications in cookery are a bonus e.g. NVQ
- Good understanding of HACCP and Health and Safety regulations including COSHH
- A passion for the catering industry
- A willingness to get stuck in and help across all sections of the kitchen
- High energy and motivated to learn
What can Skibound offer me as an Assistant Chef?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for winter 22/23 – to be confirmed at interview
- All meals – even on your days off!
Additional seasonnaire pack elements that you can opt in or out of:
- On-site shared accommodation (or an induvial room based on your job role)
- Ski equipment hire
- Local lift pass
- Travel arrangements to and from resort
You’ll also receive:
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression opportunities and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons with Skibound
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2022 to April 2023
- You must be 18 or over by December 2022 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders also considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just ONE Skibound winter job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly