Hotel Manager – Skibound Winter 22/23SkiBound France
Hotel Manager – Skibound Winter 22/23
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
What will I be doing as a Hotel Manager?
This winter, Skibound have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Hotel Manager to head up the team at our Frejus clubhotel in Serre Chevalier. The Frejus is a fantastic clubhotel in close proximity to ski lifts and can host up to 100 guests school guests at a time.
As Hotel Manager of the Frejus clubhotel, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the hotel across all departments including housekeeping, kitchen staff, activities staff and customer services. You will be the driving force in your team, motivating your staff to excel and deliver outstanding results. This is a very varied role but some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring standards are maintained across the hotel
- Maintaining excellent customer service with our guests including dealing with escalated customer complaints
- Working collaboratively with your Assistant Hotel Manager
- Leading staff meetings and incentives
- Staff training and development
- Implementing and creating staff rotas
- Liaise with UK-based HR team to operate in line with company policies e.g. payroll, disciplinary procedures, staff welfare
- Collaborate with department managers (e.g., Head Chef) to ensure that stock takes, and accounts are accurate and in line with the budget
- Collaborate with teams in the UK Head Office e.g., sales and operations to understand group sizes, special requests etc.
- Drive sales across all areas including bar and après ensuring all monies taken on behalf of the company are managed appropriately
- Adhere to company procedures and work within operational and local authority guidelines
- Maintain high standards of health and safety throughout the hotel
- Happy to be hands on and help your team with the day to day running of the hotel – this could be anything from making beds to snow clearing balconies!
What skills and experience will I need to be a Hotel Manager?
- Previous management experience within the hospitality industry
- Previous management experience within the travel industry is a bonus!
- Previous customer service experience
- The ability to work under pressure and manage a high workload across the office and the hotel floor
- Strong leadership skills with a passion for achieving results
- A can-do and flexible attitude to help your team when needed e.g. Saturday changeover days
- Confidence in dealing with different colleagues and departments such as HR, sales and senior management
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What can Skibound offer me as a Ski Activities Rep this winter?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for winter 22/23 – to be confirmed at interview
- All meals – even on your days off!
Additional seasonnaire pack elements that you can opt in or out of:
- On-site shared accommodation (or an induvial room based on your job role)
- Ski equipment hire
- Local lift pass
- Travel arrangements to and from resort
You’ll also receive:
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression opportunities and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons with Skibound
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2022 to April 2023
- You must be 18 or over by December 2022 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders also considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just ONE Skibound winter job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly