Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter – Skibound Winter 22/23SkiBound France
Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter – Skibound Winter 22/23
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
What will I be doing as a Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter?
This is a dual role, with your rota consisting of duties for both a Kitchen Porter role and a Night Porter role. You will have the best of both worlds as your shifts are a combination of day shifts and night shifts. By day, you will be a Kitchen Porter with the clubhotel kitchen team. You’ll be flexible in this role to help with whatever duties need attention including washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery, deep cleaning the kitchen area after a meal service and taking the bins out. You’ll even have the chance to get stuck in with some food preparation – a great way to kick start your career in the kitchen if that’s what interests you!
By night, you will work as a Night Porter. You’ll be responsible for health and safety checks and in the first instance, competently deal with any guests queries and issues – Although a manager will be on call for anything more urgent. Whilst guests sleep, you’ll also take advantage of the empty communal areas to crack on with some cleaning duties and generally make sure everything is ready for the next morning. You may even utilise your Kitchen Porter skills again by preparing takeaway lunches for guests or setting up the breakfast buffet towards the end of your night shift, ready for guests in the morning.
As this is a dual role, your rota will give you adequate time to adjust from day to night shifts. In previous years, our Kitchen Porter/ Night Porters have maximised their ski time by being organised and efficient in their work e.g. completing all Night Porter duties, having a quick bite to eat for breakfast, making the first lift of the day for a morning ski and then getting into bed to rest for the next shift.
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience will I need to be a Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter?
- Previous Kitchen Porter or Night Porter experience is preferred but not essential
- Happy to work both day and nights shifts on a rotational pattern
- Customer service experience is a bonus!
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Works well individually and as part of a team
What can Skibound offer me as a Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for winter 22/23 – to be confirmed at interview
- All meals – even on your days off!
Additional seasonnaire pack elements that you can opt in or out of:
- On-site shared accommodation (or an induvial room based on your job role)
- Ski equipment hire
- Local lift pass
- Travel arrangements to and from resort
You’ll also receive:
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression opportunities and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons with Skibound
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from now to April 2023
- You must be 18 or over to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders also considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just ONE Skibound winter job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly