Ski Operations Technician – Skibound Winter 22/23SkiBound France
Ski Operations Technician – Skibound Winter 22/23
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
What will I be doing as a Ski Operations Technician?
As an in-hotel Ski Operations Technician, you will be the fountain of knowledge when it comes to kitting out our school guests with all the ski equipment they need for a fun-filled week of mountain action – This is the only role with Skibound that previous experience and knowledge of skiing and ski equipment is essential.
Each of our clubhotels has its own Ski Equipment room packed full of skis, poles, boots and helmets in different sixes. With school guests at the heart of our Skibound operation, you will be confident and responsible in fitting equipment safely and ensuring the excitable children fully understand your safety briefing.
Over the course of the winter season, our ski equipment gets a lot of use! It will be your responsibility to service and maintain all ski equipment, with our health and safety standards at the forefront of everything you do. You’ll also take pride in keeping the Ski Tech room tidy and organised.
You’ll also be integral in ensuring things are running smoothly behind the scenes with collecting and organising lift passes, completing paperwork including accident forms and liaising with other departments including your Hotel Manager and resort ski schools.
Finally, when you’re not running a tight ship in the Ski Tech Room, you will be assisting the Ski Activities Rep in running après activities – anything from crepe making and mocktails to snow man building and movie nights!
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience will I need to be a Ski Operations Technician?
- Previous knowledge and experience of fitting and maintain ski equipment is essential
- Previous customer service experience – any previous work with children is a bonus!
- Previous winter season experience is a bonus!
- Organised and responsible to manage due diligence including accident forms and high value lift passes
- Happy to work individually as well as part of a team
What can Skibound offer me as a Ski Operations Technician this winter?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for winter 22/23 – to be confirmed at interview
- All meals – even on your days off!
Additional seasonnaire pack elements that you can opt in or out of:
- On-site shared accommodation (or an induvial room based on your job role)
- Ski equipment hire
- Local lift pass
- Travel arrangements to and from resort
You’ll also receive:
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression opportunities and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons with Skibound
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2022 to April 2023
- You must be 18 or over by December 2022 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders also considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just ONE Skibound winter job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly