Deputy Hotel Manager – Skibound Winter 23/24SkiBound France
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we offer an outstanding ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world with school and youth groups at the heart of our business.
What you will be doing
This winter, Skibound have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deputy Hotel Manager at our Vallee Blanche Club Hotel in Alpe d’Huez.
This fantastic Club Hotels can host between 100-160 school guests at a time.
As Deputy Hotel Manager you will assist the Hotel Manager with the day to day running of the hotel across all departments including housekeeping, kitchen staff, activities staff and customer services. You will be the driving force in your team, motivating your staff to excel and deliver outstanding results. This is a very varied role but some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring service and safety standards are maintained across the hotel
- Maintaining excellent customer service with our guests including dealing with raised customer complaints, working collaboratively with your Assistant Hotel Manager, Head chef and team
- Leading staff meetings and driving incentives as well as staff training and development
- Implementing and creating staff rotas in line with legal and company objectives
- Collaborating closely with UK and French based HR team to operate in line with company policies e.g. payroll, disciplinary procedures, staff welfare
- Working with your department managers (e.g. Head Chef) to ensure that stock takes, and accounts are accurate and in line with the budget
- Collaborating with teams in the UK Head Office to understand the anticipated group sizes, special requests etc. that are arriving at your hotel
- Driving sales across all areas including bar and après, ensuring all monies taken on behalf of the company are handled appropriately
- Adhering to company procedures and working within operational and local authority guidelines
- Maintaining high standards of health and safety throughout the hotel
- Ensuring food service delivery and budget adherence, acquiring excellent feedback
- Being happy to be hands on and help your team – this could be anything from making beds to snow clearing balconies!
What we are looking for
- Previous people management experience within the hospitality industry – ideally with some knowledge of running a catering/kitchen team
- If your experience is also from the travel industry that is a bonus!
- Strong customer service experience
- The ability to stay calm and manage high demand across the office and the hotel floor
- Strong leadership skills with a passion for achieving results through teamwork
- A can-do and flexible demeanour to help your team when needed, e.g. Saturday changeover days
- Confidence in dealing with diverse colleagues and departments such as HR, sales and senior management
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our collaboration ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What can Skibound offer me this winter?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros each month. All staff work under a French contract
- All meals – even on your days off!
Opt-in or opt out elements
- Support with travel arrangements to and from resort
- On-site accommodation
- Ski equipment hire
- Local lift pass
You’ll also receive:
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression opportunities and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons with Skibound
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- Please ensure that your CV and application is submitted in English
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2023 to the end of April 2024
- You must be 18 or over by November 2023 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g. EU passport, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour, but UK passport holders are also considered and will be required to complete an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just one Skibound winter job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you having to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply individually for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
We believe that people are happier and perform best when they are able to be their true selves and that diverse teams deliver better results.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and embracing diversity in all its dimensions. This includes inspiring change through increasing awareness of unconscious bias.
Together we will cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone can flourish.