Travelbound 2024 – Maintenance AssistantTravelbound France
Join us for the 2024 season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the world!
This role will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills and make memories which will last a lifetime. With an international customer base and team of around 20 staff members from across Europe and the world, there is a unique opportunity to practice your French and English language skills!
What will I be doing?
Chateau du Molay is a beautiful but old building that needs lots of care and attention. We’re looking for a Chateau Maintenance person who can turn their hand to the general upkeep of our Chateau building and grounds as well as any basic maintenance issues that arise.
With our main guests being school age children, there are lots of things that can go wrong! Your duties might include unblocking toilets/sinks/wate run-offs, fixing leaky taps, dealing with leaks, making and repairing bunk beds, clearing bedding on changeovers, driving, refreshing the paintwork in guest bedrooms and building a new breakfast bar for the restaurant!
As well as the upkeep of the interior of the Chateau, there is also the surrounding grounds. We have a tennis court and a swimming pool – all of which require regular upkeep and inspection.
In addition to these duties, you’ll need to be able to drive. Our maintenance team will often be responsible for collecting deliveries from the local town and the collection of new staff from the ferry port. You will work under the knowledgeable and long serving Head of Maintenance, so you will have guidance available when required.
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Previous handyperson experience, trades background or estates management experience is essential
- Qualifications are a bonus but not essential – a general working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics, carpentry, and painting/decorating is ideal!
- Excellent attention to detail and take pride in their work
- Resourceful to get the job done (the Chateau is based in a rural part of France!)
- Prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, sometimes in different departments within the Chateau
- Have a calm and helpful approach to problems that arise, often with no notice and sometimes out of hours
- Hard working, yet efficient
- Full, clean driving licence
- Conversational English is essential
- French speaking is a bonus!
What can Travelbound offer me?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for 2024
- All meals – even on your days off!
- Free on-site shared accommodation.
- Option to live off-site if you live locally
- Access to on-site facilities including: staff bikes, outdoor swimming pool (May- Spet), BBQ, discounted drinks in the Chateau bar etc.
- Maintenance training once at the Chateau
- Role progression and the chance to return for future seasons
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, Travelopia, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end including JCA in the UK and Skibound in the French Alps
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from end of February 2024 to July 2024 (with the chance of extending right through until October 2024!)
- You must be 18 or over by February 2024 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants will need to hold EU documentation e.g., EU passport, EU Work visa, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- Please apply for just ONE Travelbound job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 3 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application!